Wednesday, September 24, 2014

It's Fall!!




Happy fall, everybody! I may be a day late, but whatever. Details, details. There’s nothing quite better than a fall day in Bloomington, Indiana. I mean just look at these pictures:




Now enough with the cheesy scenery of my beautiful campus and on to the real point of this post.

Usually I stick to my guns and talk up winter. Winter just has so many good things to offer; Snow, Christmas, etc. But whenever fall rolls around I get reminded of just how many good things there are in the fall.






For one, let’s talk about football tailgates. One of my favorite things about IU is the football tailgates, not games, tailgates. Some of my favorite memories are from these tailgates. For one the attire is some of my favorite and most comfortable things to wear. It may not be the south or southern style but at least we’re comfy;




Must be a Midwest thing


Next, let’s not forget everyday fall attire. I, myself have been sporting my new riding boots with dresses twice this week already and it’s only Wednesday. Riding boots are my favorite trend for fall and just go with everything and just pull an okay outfit into a spectacular one. My favorite style of riding boots is the Tory Burch ones. 


They just look so classy and it's definitely high quality leather. Now, I’m in college so I’m not going around buying $400 boots. So I found boots on Amazon.com and I’m in love. They fit so perfect and are not cheap feeling or looking which is always a win! (Pictures to come soon)










Another item I particularly love this season, is a staple I keep in my closet year round: the leopard scarf. Whoever said that leopard is not a color should probably double-check their wardrobe, because I view it as a neutral just like Jessica Lyons said. It gives just that little extra oomph you need to give you that extra confidence for the day.




The last fall staple I want to talk about is the vest. Vests are my one true love. Quilted or puffer I’m in love with them both. They make your outfit look so effortless when in reality you could have just rolled out of bed! I’ve been searching for reasonably priced ones for months—yes I was looking for vests in the summer, and found basically every style you could imagine at Old Navy. I know what you’re thinking: ‘WAIT… Old Navy?’ Yes, Old Navy. I work at Gap when I’m home back in Indy and with Old Navy being apart of Gap Inc. I make my way over there from time to time. What I found online just baffled me though. A quilted vest for around ONLY $40, which is insane. (Should be coming in soon so post with it is yet to come) They also have puffer ones which are perfect for those extremely cold fall days and early winter days!











The last thing I’ll leave y’all with is probably what you were expecting with a fall post and it’s my favorite thing about fall: the return of the PSL.

I know, I know. So basic, so typical. But in all honesty, anyone who makes fun of the pumpkin spice latte, has never had one or just has awful taste. (Just kidding) But really, if you’ve never had one I suggest you run to your nearest Starbucks and order yourself one. Starbucks also has pumpkin flavored scones in the fall which are also DELISH.
Now if you have a problem paying $5 for a coffee, like most people do, go to Mcdonalds and they taste virtually the same for half the price. You can also buy the creamer from any grocery store!



Now run and get a pumpkin spiced latte or scone and enjoy! 

XOXO, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment